Online business banking for founders
Are you starting a GmbH or UG in Germany?
Holvi is for you. Open your business account, transfer your share capital and get up and running in just a few days.
- 100% Online
- Bank-level security
- GmbH account
- UG account
- All-in-one business account
See what our customers have to say
Start your business online in 4 steps
Did you know? Since 2022, you can start a GmbH or UG completely online.
1. Set up your limited company
Found your temporary GmbH or UG at the notary office – since 2022 you can also do this online.
2. Open your Holvi business account
Open your account and upload the necessary documents. You can open a Holvi business account in just 3 steps.
3. Transfer your share capital
Transfer your share capital. Submit your account statement to your notary to finalise the founding process.
4. Activate your business account
Enter your company in the trade registry and upload the registry extract to your Holvi account – we do the rest.
Business accounts for limited companies
Home for your business finances
With Holvi, you get more than just a business account. Business banking, expense management and smart payment cards – all in one account.
Tidy books & easy tax prep
Manage receipts, invoicing & bookkeeping
Keep your books tidy and stay in the know. Manage your cash flow in real time and see how your finances are doing, at a glance.
Clear and simple pricing
€9 /month + VAT
Get control of your business finances. Manage payments and stay on top of the numbers.
- Business banking
- 1 Business Debit Card
- 1 Virtual Card
- Scan & store receipts
- Real-time profit/loss*
- Real-time VAT balance*
- Apple Pay & Google PayTM
€15 /month + VAT
Simplify work life. Manage banking, expenses, invoicing and accounting – all in one account.
Everything in Holvi Lite plus:
- 3 Business Debit Cards
- Business Credit Card (apply now)
- 1 Virtual Card
- Unlimited invoicing & e-invoicing
- Payment-to-invoice matching
- Bookkeeping preparation
- Export reports for tax filing
- Accounting integrations – or invite your accountant
- Cheaper ATM & instant top-up fees
Holvi Pro+ Online sales
€18 /month + VAT
Master your finances and start selling online in minutes. Connect sales to bookkeeping and stay tax ready.
Everything in Holvi Pro plus:
- Ready-to-use sales platform
- No coding needed, anyone can sell
- Money from sales goes into your Holvi account
- Holvi bookkeeping features to prep sales for tax time
- Frictionless shopping experience for your customers
- Custom URL under Holvi’s domain
- Downloadable sales reports
* For an accurate estimation and/or proper accounting you need to add all your business transactions to Holvi.
FAQs – Holvi’s founder account
No, unfortunately, this is not possible. To open a Holvi business account and to transfer your share capital, we first need your signed and certified founding documents.
You will only gain full access to your business account after you enter your company in the trade registry (Handelsregister) and upload the registry extract (Handelsregisterauszug).
During the founding phase, these are the limitations that apply to your business account:
- You can only use the account for payments directly related to founding your company (e.g. payment made to a notary).
- Incoming payments, except the share capital transfers, will be rejected.
- Your account will be closed immediately if the IBAN is used for any unrelated activities – for example, incoming payments, direct debit, etc.
Read more about opening a Holvi founder account in our help centre.
To open a founder account, choose the business type UG i.G. or GmbH i.G.
‘i.G.’ means “in Gründung”, which in English translates to “in founding”.
We do not accept external payments on behalf of another.
Holvi only accepts transfers from shareholders. Each share capital transfer must originate from an account under that specific shareholder’s name.
During the founding phase, the shareholders are personally liable. The liability risk applies until the share capital is transferred and the GmbH or UG is entered into the trade registry.
Fast company formation reduces your liability risk. With Holvi, you can complete all the necessary steps online and the founding process within days.
Once you have set up your temporary GmbH or UG at the notary office, you can open your founder account online in minutes.